How to Write an Application Essay
March 22, 2018
How to write a good application essay? This writing is very important part of all the other documents you submit when you enter an educational institution.
However, it has its own peculiarities.
The basic principle that a student should be guided by writing such essay is to concentrate on his or her personality rather than on formal points or boring lists of school awards or competitions visited.
So let’s talk about it more detailed.
When choosing a theme, focus on your personality. Don’t make your essay too formal. Tell about something outstanding . Share a story of your life and sound conclusions that you made after it. Approach this work creatively, not just formally.
Do not disregard several topics, but rather choose one . It will be much more useful. You can choose a lot of topics, but then your essay will look like a resume in which you do not specify anything, constantly jumping from one to the other point.
Do not resort to excessive formality. Speak from yourself. Of course, you can add quotes from celebrities or template phrases about charity or anything else in your essay, but there will be fewer benefits. The commission most likely will throw away such essay very quickly.
Ask parents or teachers to proofread your work. Of course, you can re-read and check your essay by yourself, but the side view will be more useful. Especially from those who are perhaps more attentive and experienced in writing such works.
Plan for reviewing the book
April 26, 2018
Always the impetus to creating a review is the need to express one’s attitude to what has been read, an attempt to understand your impressions caused by the work, but on the basis of elementary knowledge in the theory of literature, a detailed analysis of the work. The reader can say about the book or the viewed “like-dislike” movie without proof, and the reviewer must thoroughly substantiate his opinion with profound and reasoned analysis. The quality of the analysis depends on the theoretical and professional preparation of the reviewer, his depth of understanding of the subject, his ability to analyze objectively. Between the reviewer and the author – a creative dialogue with an equal position of the parties. The author’s “I” manifests itself openly to rationally, logically and emotionally influence the reader. Therefore, the reviewer uses language tools that combine the functions of naming and evaluation, book and colloquial words and constructions. Criticism does not study literature, but judges it – in order to form a reader’s, public attitude to these or other writers, to actively influence the course of the literary process.
The content of the work includes such components:
1) the theme of the work – what kind of social, historical aspects of life the work is devoted to.
2) problems – which relations are covered in the work, on which sides of the character, what is the conflict between the characters.
3) the pathos of the work – the author’s view of the displayed relations of the characters (the author dramatizes, sarcasms or sings the actions of the characters), hence the conclusion about the genre of the work.
The art form usually includes such components:
1) an assessment of the subject depiction: portrait, actions of characters, their experiences and speech, descriptions of everyday conditions, landscape, plot.
2) composition: order, method and motivation, narratives and descriptions of the depicted life, author’s reasoning, retreats, plug-in episodes, framing. How well the author chose the tone of the narrative, what accents he placed (descriptions, dialogues, author’s remarks) in order to achieve the desired effect.
3) stylistics: graphic expressive details of the author’s speech, that is, artistic techniques (metaphors, comparisons, rhetoric and others). The saturation of the author’s speech, the relevance of topics, problems and pathos is assessed.
How to write an essay.
February 10, 2018
To perceive how to make an essay, you should consider a few basic moments that should be followed.
For instance, the primary thing you need to do is to draw up a clear plan for future written work. If your topic is free, then it is better to choose the area in which you truly comprehend everything. It is important to take into account the requirements of a particular professor, and when performing the task to consider their arguments in terms of your professor. It is good if you have an opportunity to get ready for work.
Before you start writing an essay, it is better to spend time in the library, selecting the desired books, the work of specialists about your topic, articles on encyclopedias or periodicals. Pick the fundamental articulations and axioms that might be helpful when you compose your essay. Starting the task follows from the draft. It is better to put the main semantic blocks of the future text, quotations, interesting ideas, criticism. If the selected material is large enough, the point of how to create an essay won’t be an issue for you. It will just be needed to put all together previously written thoughts, quotations and interesting facts from the chosen topic.
The essay reveals an author who wrote the work.
The headline should be memorable and informative.
Every new thought should be drawn up in a separate paragraph. Being a creative flight of imagination, this work, nevertheless, has a clear structure. Although it is arbitrary, it is also necessary to adhere some rules.
After the title, you have to create a presentation, which ought to capture the reader’s attention, make him interested. The conclusions, which you will get amid the written work process, can be placed in the text of the essay.
Before developing the chosen topic, it is worth pointing out the problem, formulating it and bringing arguments. For each chosen argument, it is necessary to select examples from life as an illustration.
To make your presentation language more vivid and colorful, consider artistic strategies that you can use to make your paper.
How to achieve high speed and literacy while doing homework?
January 25, 2018
First of all, you need to remember a rule: to hurry should slowly. Don’t rush, try to write, read, solve problems as soon as possible. With this approach, immediately the quality of work will drop dramatically, and additional time will pass for verification and correction. In order to really improve speed, but at the same time avoid shortcomings, you need to carefully allocate time, act purposefully and with concentration, without distraction.
Start by scheduling your home lessons. It is advisable that you spend some time studying each day. Take into consideration in your daily routine that it can take a little more time for lessons than you expected. Leave the stock from 30 minutes to 1 hour. Try to do all in time, but don’t forget that you still have the leeway.
Keep in strict order all your’s school supplies, textbooks and exercise books. Then you will always have everything at hand, you don’t need to search for lost objects for a long time or start new notebooks. Note that the situation itself will begin to create a working mood for you, when everything around is in its proper place.
Gradually create your own “knowledge base”. Don’t forget to keep your notes, notebooks, control and written works, synopses. All of this you will certainly come in handy.
Remember that the guarantee of good work is order in everything. Making a schedule, always follow it. Don’t forget to sit down for lessons in time, put an alarm clock.
Starting classes, take care of silence and calmness beforehand. You should not be distracted by anything. It is advisable to turn off the computer and phone.
Make your workplace comfortable. Consider all aspects that can distract you or help you focus: lighting of the workplace, the location of your desk relative to the chair, etc.
Think about the exact order in which to do the homework. You can start with a simpler one. If you quickly get tired, you should start with more complex tasks first, and keep them simple for the last period of work.
How to write a coursework by yourself
December 8, 2017
Here outlined the basic principles of writing term papers, using which any student will be able to independently and correctly compose the work and protect it “perfectly”.
For students of all specialties, the following actions will be equally mandatory:
- To choose, having agreed with the supervisor, the topic of course work.
- Make a plan.
- To choose the necessary amount of training manual for filling the course work, guided by the principle of more – it is better.
- Not infrequently before the course work, students practice at the enterprise, in which case the practice report will be part of the coursework and an additional source of information.
- All materials are brought in a consistent, comparable form, and the work plan is adjusted.
- Following each item of the plan, fill the course with a textual part, prepare intermediate conclusions for each section and chapters, make an assessment of all the work and write a general conclusion.
- According to the methodological recommendations of your university, you need to format the course: specify the required parameters (font, indents, page numbering, etc.); draw up tables, drawings, attachments properly.
- To pass the term paper for check.
- To protect course work.
Choosing the topic of the course work, it is necessary to be guided by the principle that many students enjoy: choosing close topics for all coursework in basic subjects and at the end of the studies get an almost finished thesis, which will only need to be slightly adjusted. Despite this, the theme of the work should be understandable, close and interesting. Another case, when the head himself determines the topic, not giving students the right to choose – there is already that will get.
The plan of course work is, in fact, its structure. When drafting a plan, it should be remembered that for scientific works the basic requirements include the presence of an introduction, the main part and the conclusion. The structure contains both chapters and subsections. In some universities, an indicative work plan is attached along with methodological recommendations, which greatly simplifies the work, you just need to correct it, based on the characteristics of your work and primary data.